- Issue 21- Oct 2005 Contents
- Ongoing Programmes, Updates, and Announcements
- NHE Educators Summit
- 15 Years of Ananda Marga Gurukula
- Renaissance Universal Speech
- Update on the Acupuncture Institute and Free Community Clinic at Ananda Nagar, India
- The Abha Light College of Natural Medicine Opens in East Africa
- Microvita Research Institute and AMGK Faculty of Microvita Studies
- Bio-Psychology Intensive Seminar, CNS Sweden
- Theatre in Education (TIE) Workshop, CNS Sweden
- Social Ethics in a Multicultural World in Ydrefors
- CNS Croatia
- CNS Asheville, USA
- A Bridge to a Bright Future for Humanity and the Earth
- A Call to Action
- PROUT’s Vision of Sustainability
- Families and Intentional Communities
- Supporting Innovative Efforts Towards Sustainable Development
- Teaching English at the Ananda Marga Kindergarten in Albania
- Namaskar School is Changing
- New Dawn School Brazzaville , Congo
- Lotus Centre and School Ulan Bator , Mongolia
- The Child is PreciousCosmic Academy Neohumanist Children’s Centre Accra , Ghana , West Africa
- NHE Conference Taipei , Taiwan
- Education Education Training Camp Madhu Karuna , Germany
- Progressive School of Long Island
- School PROUT
- Update on the YES Programme in Italy
- YES in Portugal
- YOGA AND ARTS FOR CHILDREN
- STUVOL – Student Volunteers
- ELF – Earth Lovers Family
- Georgetown Sector
- Manilla Sector
- Berlin Sector
- Hong Kong Sector
- Delhi Sector
- New York Sector
- Neohumanist Education for All
Bio-Psychology Intensive Seminar, CNS Sweden
Conducted by Dr. Richard Maxwell
A Bio-psychology Intensive Seminar was conducted at CNS Sweden by Dr. Richard Maxwell from the USA . The 25 participants included six from Thailand and Norway . The overall goal of the seminar was to provide an understanding of basic physiology and to show that prevalent concepts in western science are consistent with the science of bio-psychology as explained by Shrii PR Sarkar. Implications of Shrii Sarkar’s statements about physiology, particularly the pineal gland, were examined in
|depth. The central role of devotion in Ananda Marga practices was elaborated through quotes from Shrii Sarkar’s discourses and demonstrated to correspond to brain systems that may be related to gurucakra. The week long program dealt with basic science of physiology, cakras, emotions, vrttis, sama’dhi and Ananda Marga practices. A more detailed outline of the program is included below:|
Basic science of the nervous system, endocrine system and immune system.
Basic science of the pineal gland.
Basic Ananda Marga concepts of cakras, possible embryological links and relationships with the physiology of acupuncture.
Science-based answers to perturbing questions about cakras.
Psychological theories of emotion.
Vrttis and their relationship to emotions and the brain.
Dr. Richard Maxwell specializes in clinical neuropsychology with a large part of his practice serving individuals with brain injuries or other neurological challenges. An active member of Ananda Marga since 1974, he has tried to bridge the gap between science and spirituality. His most recent scientific interest is in brain phenomena associated with ecstatic states arising from meditation. He has worked to translate aspects of tantric yoga philosophy and practices into a framework that has meaning and validity from the perspective of western science.
Dr. Maxwell can be reached at: email@example.com