Newsletter and Journal of Neohumanist Schools and Institutes
Gurukula Network is published by the Ananda Marga Gurukula
Global Liaison Office
Two yearly issues, published January and July, serve as a means of communication for Neohumanist projects around the world.
It is the spirit of Gurukula Network to encourage a free sharing of ideas and to stimulate discussion on educational and global issues facing our world. All articles express the views of the author, and not necessarily those of AMGK.
Gurukula Network is open to any and all NHE related projects and faculties of AMGK.
Please send submissions to:
AM Gurukula Global Liaison Office
Henk de Weijer, Lee Hamilton
Avtk Ananda Advaeta Ac
Printing and Mailing
Yun Chin Ko, I-hua Chiu
Ananda Marga Gurukula
Global Association of Neohumanist Educators
All NHE educators and projects are encouraged to join
Headquarters of Ananda Marga Gurukula
Anandanagar, Dist Purulia, West Bengal, India
Donations are welcome.
Please make checks payable to
Ananda Marga Gurukula
and send to AMGK Liaison Office
c/o Brim, 146 Honness Lane, Ithaca, NY 14850 USA
or by PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISION OF ANANDA MARGA GURUKULA
The Sanskrit word “Gurukula” (pronounced gurukul) has the following etymology: Gu: darkness; ru: dispeller; kula: an institution. Gurukula is an institution which helps students dispel the darkness of the mind and leads to total emancipation of the individual and society at large.
Ananda Marga Gurukula is engaged in creating an international network of Neohumanist Schools and Institutes to hasten the advent of a society in which there is love, peace, understanding, inspiration, justice and health for all beings.
OBJECTIVES OF ANANDA MARGA GURUKULA
- To serve humanity with neohumanist spirit and to acquire knowledge for that purpose.
- To establish a strong base in Anandanagar and around the world in order to carry on the legacy of its founder for the benefit of future generations.
- To provide a sound and conducive environment for students for their physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual well-being.
- To promote ethical values in individuals and implement these values in the management of projects, schools and institutions.
- To establish and maintain schools and special academic institutions around the world as well as a cyber-university.
- To initiate teacher education programs to improve and upgrade the quality of education on all academic levels.
- To promote Tantra, Neohumanism and PROUT (Progressive Utilization Theory) as the foundation for building a universal society.
- To initiate intellectual dialogues and research for all-round renaissance of society.
- To facilitate the placement of volunteers across cultures to help build meaningful relationships and to support community and social change projects.
- To support the building of a global eco-village network (Master Units)
- To encourage the development of micro-enterprises for sustainability of social service projects.
Chancellor of Ananda Marga Gurukula
Ac. Shambhushivananda Avt., Kulapati
Universal Love and Values
Ecological and Social Consciousness
Academic, Practical and Personal Skills
Knowledge of Self and World Applied for Universal Welfare
Joyful Learning through the Arts
Culturally Sensitive and Inclusive Approach
Exemplary Role of the Educators