- Issue 29 – Nov 2009 contents
- On Ethical Dilemmas
- Ananda Marga Gurukula Affiliated Initiatives
- Ananda Marga College, Anandanagar, India
- Ananda Marga Polytechnic
- Abha Seva Sadan Multitherapy Health Center
- Yoga Educators Conference
- 5 Years Celebration of “My First Book”, National Contest in Croatia
- Pazi Mine!
- Prama Institute
- Yoga Academy, Singapore
- Natural Hospital Fountain of Life (Luontaissairaala Elamanlahde)
- The Prout Research Institute of Venezuela
- Prout College
- Prout College: Education for Liberation
- Interculturality and Sustainability
- Centro Madre in Barlovento, Venezuela
- Pedagogy for Sustainable Development
- Neohumanist Education Seminar Accra, Ghana
- Teacher Training in Haiti
- Teachers Training in India
- What is the Foundational Layer of NHE?
- NHE Child Development
- Child Centres, Myanmar
- Creating the S.E.L.F Program
- A STUVOL programme
- Manila Sector
- Georgetown Sector
- Centru Tbexbi (Sunrise Centre), Malta
Ananda Marga College, Anandanagar, India
By Dada Svarupananda
Ananda Marga College was established in the year 1966 and in the same year it was affiliated to the University of Burdwan, (WB) as an undergraduate college with Science, Liberal Humanities and Commerce faculties. This college is located in the most remote corner of the Purulia district. Most of the families in the locality belong to tribal communities. There was not even a single primary level school within an area of 15 km. when we started Primary and High Schools at Anandanagar in the year 1963. Today one can find Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Scientists — all due to our Educational Institutions.
Every year hundreds of young students graduate from Ananda Marga College after passing University and Education Council Examinations and get job placements or go to pursue higher technical or professional education at different prestigious universities. This college has been granted special status in the University and the State for the brilliant academic performance of the students and its dedicated service in the neglected part of the State.
Recently, Hon’s Courses in Bengali and History subjects have been introduced which is an added honor to the college. We hope that permission to introduce Hon’s subjects in Mathematics and English will also be granted by the University of Burdwan for the next academic session. Currently 495 students are pursuing their studies in different streams and departments of this college.