- Contents issue 33 – Nov 2011
- Middle Path Scenario for Asia’s Future
- Intercultural Sustainability Workshop
- Learning the Art of Wholeness:
- Meetings with Center for Environmental Education
- Plexuses and Microvita
- Yoga Educators Conference 2011, Bali, Indonesia
- PRAMA Institute News
- Governance and Economy: On Occupy Wall Street and Future Options
- Can Prout Transform Universities?
- Building a Solidarity Economy based on Ethics and Ecology
- NHE at Futures of Education Conference in Florence Italy, 16-17 June, 2011
- Educating Balance in an Accelerating World
- A New Playground at Sunshine School Laos A Creative Project
- Art in Class Five, Mombassa Kenya
- Sunshine’s Earth Lovers Family Zurich, Switzerland Where European Nature Pedagogy and Neohumanism Meet
- Telling Stories Accra Ghana
- Adruta Children’s Home Bhuvaneswar, Orissa, India
- New Life at Anandanagar, India
- Ananda Marga Primary School Ananda Nagar, India
- Ananda Marga School Kulu, India
- Ananda Marga School Burdwan, India
- Let a Thousand Sunflowers Bloom By Acintya Edwin Aguilar
- Lotus Children Home and Lotus Nursery School
- Ruai School
- PSOLI – Progressive School of Long Island
- New Developments at the Ananda Marga River School
- News from Taiwan
- Sunrise Kindergarten Finland
- Summer 2011 at Smart Academy, Lebanon
- Nile River School
DELHI SECTOR NEWS
New Life at Anandanagar, India
A recent visitor to Anandanagar said: “One can feel the power of this sleeping beauty”. Anandanagar is slowly coming to new life as the existing projects are joined by new ones sprouting up.
Global Headquarters of Ananda Marga Gurukula
Work has resumed on the Cakradhurii Building, the global headquarters of Ananda Marga Gurukula. The trees that were planted many years ago have grown up around the perimeter of this impressive structure. The outer circle is 70% complete and the first floor, 60% complete. Funds are needed and welcome for the remaining construction.
Ananda Marga Gurukula College of Education
An accredited Bachelor’s of Education program is underway at Anandanagar with the necessary legal applications already filed. Classes are scheduled to begin in June 2012. The program will be recognized by the UGC (University Grants Commission of India). It will be part of the existing Ananda Marga College, but will be housed in its own buildings. Construction of the campus has already begun. Dr. Andal Dharani from Australia has joined the board to help develop the program of the new college. Professor Dinkar Dixit recently made a visit to the new college and offered his assistance as well.
Medicinal Plants Research Center
A Medicinal Plants Research Center has been newly started at Uttar, Anandanagar.
The Music College for Women at Anandanagar is housed in a beautiful structure designed and built by Didi Aradhana. It has gained the name “hawa-mahal” which means (airy mansion) as it is so airy and the cross ventilation is excellent. Didi Ananda Gayatrii is in charge of the College and also runs a Children’s Home. The children from the home attend art and singing classes every weekend at the College.