The following article deals with a scenario where the psychic and subjective is not limited to the human frame, rather it dwells in all living beings as well as in the cosmic arena as a whole. The consequent psychic projections are considered to exert driving forces on material realities – realities that have previously been conceived of as existing under the spell of material and efficient causes only. The decisive point, however, is that these projections are steered by particles of fragmented consciousness, that have been named Anujivat or Microvita by Shrii P.R. Sarkar. The Microvita Research Institute (MRI) aims at exploring these entities in all aspects of life quantitatively.
by Dr. Hans-Joachim Rudolph and Ac. Vimalananda Avadhuta
Microvita Research e.V.
In March 1990, Shrii P.R. Sarkar aka Shrii Shrii Anandamurtii said that “in the process of movement, there cannot be steady movement. There must be acceleration – either constant acceleration or accelerated acceleration, or retardation – either constant retardation or retarding retardation. Along with these accelerations or retardations, there are galloping jumps. And before and after these jumps, there are biological changes, historical changes, agricultural changes and human psychic changes.” (1)
So, the question is how such jumps can be brought about?
According to Aristotelian thought, all movements or changes in nature are brought about by material, formal, efficient, and/or final causes. At the beginning of our Modern Age, however, Francis Bacon (1551-1662) convincingly argued that the “Four Causes” should be partitioned into two sets, i.e. physics dealing with material and efficient causes, and metaphysics dealing with formal and final causes only. This was because at that time, the idea of final causes more or less impeded the progress of natural science mainly because they were mostly attributed to the power or will of God. The concept was criticised by Baruch Spinoza (1632-1677), who carried it to the extreme by saying that “all final causes are nothing but human fictions.”
In this article, I would like to present a version of final causes, that could enrich our understanding of nature, and thereby allow their reintroduction into the font of established scientific concepts.
1. The famous equation E=mc2 is incomplete, as it neglects momentum (p), particularly intrinsic angular momentum (= spin), which significantly contributes to the total energy of a particle. Therefore, Einstein modified the equation in 1905, thus obtaining the less renowned energy-momentum-mass equation (E2 = m2c4 + p2c2). In this equation energy is squared (E2), and in the momentum (p) we have time. To derive E, a square root must be used, obtaining two solutions: positive time energy and negative time energy. However, negative time energy implies retrocausality, isn’t it?
The commonly used solution of Einstein’s equation is understood forwards-in-time. It describes energy released from a source, dissipating (in conformity with the second law of thermodynamics) towards chaos and death. Luigi Fantappié (1901-1956), however, reasoned that there must also be a negative or backwards-in-time solution, describing energy which converges backwards-in-time from a future cause. Fantappié called this energy syntropy.
So, syntropy is understood as a converging force, which leads to life, order and diversity. It is dominant in living systems, whereas entropy is a diverging force, leading to chaos, death and uniformity. It is dominant in physical systems. Both forces are constantly interacting, one building up and the other breaking down.
Recently, Chris King and Antonella Vannini (2) used these ideas to develop a model of consciousness, in which freewill arises from our immersion in a dual stream of information, traveling in opposite directions of time: On the one hand there is information from the past in the form of memories and experiences, and on the other hand, information from the future in the form of emotions and intuitions.
2. As Aristotle pointed out more than 2300 years ago, statements about the future can neither be true nor false, i.e. two-valued logics can be used only in relation to the present and past, but not in relation to the future. With computer-aided algorithms, however, we nowadays have the means to manage multi-valued logics. In particular, four-valued systems have proven to be effective, which, in addition to the values ‘true’ and ‘false’, also use the values ‘meaningless’ and ‘imaginary‘, where the latter exactly captures what can enter from the future into our present times.
Accordingly, the truth value ‘imaginary’ can be used to describe all spaces beyond our real world of experiences. Hence we introduced a complex space-time, where its real part contains all the external structures conventionally known to us, while its imaginary part is the home and seat of all mental, spiritual and primordial configurations. The latter do not have being, but meaning, where ambiguous and contradictory combinations, i.e. antinomina, homonyma and oxymora, are also allowed. However, these become effective only after transformation into the present, which provides the theoretical basis for the options mentioned above.
What may sound too theoretical can be described very consistently in the form of matrix mechanics. Details were presented in 2012 (3) and 2017 (4). Here it might be enough to say: Required are complex (or quaternionic) matrices with 4 rows and 4 columns. Transformations from one space-time into another, i.e. from an imaginary future to the real present, work out through multiplication with appropriate operators. These operators (complex 4×4 matrices) form the basic building blocks of entities designated with the neologism “Microvita” (4) or अ for Sanskrit “Anujivat”. They can be positive, negative or neutral, depending on whether they transform the one, the other or both meanings into our present existence.
3. So, we can say that just as enzymes are able to control biochemical reactions forwards-in-time (from real past to present), Microvita are able to do so backwards-in-time, i.e. from an imaginary future to our present conditions of life (not only in respect to biochemistry). Consequently, in the course of time, changes are driven dominantly either by entropic or by syntropic energies. Entropy acts by necessity, whereas syntropy allows choices, i.e. whenever there is an inflow from the imaginary future (“catalysed” by positive or negative Microvita), evolution is enabled to perform galloping jumps towards greater and even greater diversity.
Finally, the question presented above, can be answered as follows: These jumps are brought about by positive and negative Microvita (*), “catalysing” an influx of converging energy from the imaginary future to the present conditions of life.
The diagram shows how diversity can be generated by interposed options of selection. Changes driven by necessities, on the other hand, inevitably produce uniformity.
(*) It is to be noted that positive (pro-psychical) and negative (pro-physical) Microvita should not be misunderstood as emotionally or morally positive or negative. Accordingly, P.R. Sarkar said: “There should not be negative use of negative microvita and there must not be negative use of positive microvita. You should always be positive. In the physical sciences, there are immense possibilities for the positive use of negative microvita. Positive and negative microvita are both necessary for balance“ (5).
(1) P. R. Sarkar: The Coming Ice Age. In: PROUT in a Nutshell, 2nd edition, Volume 4, Part 17, Ananda Marga Publications (2020)
(2) A. Vannini & U. Di Corpo: Quantum Physics, Advanced Waves and Consciousness. Journal of Cosmology, Vol 14 (2011)
(3) H.-J. Rudolph: From Imaginary Oxymora to Real Polarities and Return. Authorhouse, Bloomington (2012)
(4) H.-J. Rudolph: Microvita – a New Science of Reality. Authorhouse, Bloomington (2017)
(5) P. R. Sarkar: Microvita and Cosmology. In: Microvitum in a Nutshell, Ananda Marga Publications (1988)
History moves in rhythmic waves – in a systaltic flow. It moves and moves, then there is a galloping jump. Again it moves and moves again, then there is another galloping jump, and so on. All of a sudden there are galloping jumps – epoch-making eras. We are now at the threshold of this jump. We are not only at the threshold, we have just crossed the threshold of a new era. We are now at the threshold of something new – of the new age – and we are now passing thorough such an age. Do you realize it? We are no more at the threshold. You should be ready for great changes, otherwise balance will be lost.