- Contents issue 30 – May 2010
- ANANDA MARGA GURUKULA GLOBAL LIAISON OFFICE ONGOING PROGRAMMES, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Fourth Annual Yoga Educators Conference
- Neohumanism: Practice of Love for All Creation
- What is Neohumanism?
- Neohumanist Leadership Training Seminar
- Integral Therapy Centre for Healing, Health and Change
- Microvita Seminar
- Theater Seminar
- Prama Institute at Ananda Girisuta Master Unit
- Master Unit Ananda Vasundhara, Brasília, Brazil
- Neohumanism in Action
- Ananda Marga Yoga Academy in Singapore
- Yoga Educators Conference in Malaysia
- Bipolarity and Its Consequences for Evolution
- Interconnection Teachers Training
- How to Foster a Spiritual Atmosphere in your group of 4 to 12 year olds
- Theatre in Education (TIE)
- Volunteering at an After School Club, Egypt
- The Progressive School of Long Island Celebrates its 25th Anniversary
- Awakening the Joy of Reading Among Village Children in Barlovento, Venezuela
- Children’s Artwork
- New School and Spiritual Centre in Lebanon
- NHE Yoga for Children Teachers Training
- Delhi Sector
- Nairobi Sector
- Hong Kong Sector
- Manila Sector
Yoga Educators Conference in Malaysia
November 12-15, 2009
The first Asian Ananda Marga Yoga Educators Conference was successfully held in the beautiful environment of Sungai Petani Eco Master Unit in Malaysia from 12th – 15th November 2009. Due to accommodation limitations the event was limited to 30 participants. Some of the participants were yoga teachers, but many attended the event for enhancing their knowledge and individual practice.
The program included: physiology of asana (yoga postures), yoga and tantra history, concepts of tantra, science of meditation, specialties of Ananda Marga yoga and the role of the yoga teacher. Anatomy of asana played a central part of the program and was conducted by physiotherapist Carol Yip from Kuala Lumpur. Dada Shankarsana’nanada conducted the rest of the workshops.
The workshops were conducted in an interactive way where the participants had a chance to share their knowledge and experience. In this way many interesting discussions came up especially related to how asanas should be performed. The last day was dedicated to meditation science and aimed to give the yoga teachers confidence to teach a simple general meditation and inspire their students to receive individual instruction from an acarya (trained instructor).
A very strong spiritual flow developed during the conference and many tears of joy were shed on the last day. We are all looking forward to the next conference, which is scheduled to be held in 2011.