There are wide variety of activities that volunteers can initiate and lead:
• Facilitating individualized or small group learning through games, activities in educational basics in various subjects such as math, English, reading, writing, geography etc.
• Helping in preparation, profiling and evaluation as well as administrative tasks.
• Teaching English through fun interactive activities.
• Creative sessions to promote children’s free expression in various art forms.
• Other activities that could be created are drama classes, music classes, cultural and educational outings, campaigns regarding healthy living, organic agriculture, environmental issues, etc.
• Other tasks will include administrative tasks, PR, helping in fundraising activities, resource building, maintenance work, staff meetings, outings, etc.
Ability to work with children in a creative and disciplined way, respecting the local culture.
Requirements for the Volunteers:
• basic knowledge of the English language
• keen disposition to working with children year 3 upto 6
• basic computer literacy
• sense of community service
• interest in self-development and sustainable ways of living
• sense of responsibility
• willingness to learn
• willingness to adjust to the needs of the children and to help to keep the learning environment clean, safe and inspiring.
The volunteers will have to take care of their expenses for food, travel and personal needs which they can calculate what they would spend at home.
Cempaka Kids is open 8 hours a day. Saturday dan Sunday are holiday.
How many volunteers are needed?
Two volunteers at a time.
How long can I volunteer?
Any length of time
What is offered?
During leisure time volunteers will be encouraged to meet other people involved in the project and in the community. Mentors and other local volunteers will help volunteers to see nearby attractions of Bali. We are located close to Amed,Tirta Gangga,Taman Ujung,The Biggest Temple in Bali (Besakih Tample) and Candidasa.
Volunteers may be accommodated a room near by the school