- Issue 27 – Nov 2008 contents
- BUILDING NEOHUMANIST FUTURES
- Neohumanist Education Conference
- CNS Asheville
- CNS Croatia
- CNS Sweden
- In Other AMGK News
- A New Wave of Consciousness
- Ananda Bharati – Sunrise Farm
- PSOLI SOLAR PANELS
- Solar Panel Installation at the Progressive School of Long Island
- Neohumanism, Comparative Economics and Education for a Global Society
- Towards A Neohumanist Approach – Part Two
- Tending Climbing Vines: Guiding Youth to Maturity
- The First AMSAI Primary School in Maharlika
- Lotus Children’s Centre
- Education and Health Centre in Syria
- Nairobi Sector
- I Love Yoga
- Using Visualization to Help Children Deepen Their Meditation
- Environmental Education through PCAP Programs
- Georgetown Sector
- Kahira Sector
- Berlin Sector
- Delhi Sector
Salaam – Peace
Education and Health Centre in Syria
By Didi Anandarama
For the past eight years Didi Ananda Rainjana has volunteered in the communities in Syria educating local women and supporting alternative health practices, preventive cures, natural remedies and healthy life style. Hundreds of women and children benefitted and a large group of local volunteers organized themselves for extending the services to several cities and villages in the country. The activities include yoga for children, creativity, music and art classes, various courses and health education of women in villages.
A determined group of local professional women teachers, doctors, nurses and social workers are coordinating their efforts and putting their plan forward of establishing a multipurpose education and health center for women and children. They want to call it “Salaam – Peace” to send a message out along with their goodwill and determined action.
The proposed center will be located on 5 acres of land. The centre in its first phase will have a three storey building surrounded by ecologically designed vegetable and herb gardens, an orchard and a playground for children.
The Centre on the ground floor will have a kindergarten for 120 children. The second floor will have the health care center with 4 rooms and a hall for educational training of teachers, parents and give various other courses on health and education. The third floor will have offices and dormitories for women teachers and health
We appeal for your kind patronage, friendship and support in making this project a dream come true in a place where struggle and strife are ever looming and darkening the free sky. This is truly a ray of hope that promises to send out ripples of positivity far and wide. This will be possible only with your support. Please make checks payable to Ananda Marga Gurukula (Salaam) and send to AMGK Liason Office 146 Honness Lane, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA.