- Issue 28 May 2009 Cover
- Humanism and Neohumanism: Towards a New Renaissance
- The Role of Ananda Marga Gurukula University
- Prama Institute
- My First Book
- CNS Sweden
- News from Ananda Marga Degree College
- Fourth Annual International Microvita Seminar
- Deep Sustainability
- #2318 (no title)
- Sustainable Living Initiatives
- Socio-Economic-Political Restructuring to End Inequalities and Subjugation
- NHE Seminar and Conference
- Weaving a Neohumanist Tapestry
- DAY ONE : NHE Global Conference, Australia
- DAY TWO : NHE Global Conference, Australia
- DAY 3 : NHE Global Conference, Australia
- DAY 4 : NHE Global Conference, Australia
- Neohumanist Education Summit
- Reflections on Neohumanist Teacher Training at Vistara and Sunrise Schools, Australia
- NHE Seminar
- Foreign Language Acquisition in Early Childhood
- Challenging Stereotypes in Neohumanist Diversity Curriculum
- Neohumanist Educational Projects in Brazil
- Awakening the Joy of Learning at the Fountain of Hope After School Center
- AMSAI, Maharlika
- The Rising Sun School, Brazil
- Sports Day
- Volunteer, Thailand
- Suva Sector
- Nairobi Sector
- Manila Sector
- Kahira Sector
- Georgetown Sector
- Berlin Sector
- Delhi Sector
- Morning Circle at Vistara School, Australia
- Share a Virtue Book
- STUVOL Accelerated Learning Courses
Himmatnagar, Gujrat (India)
Annual Function of Ananda Marga School
Ac Shubhagatananda Avt, Principal
The annual function of Ananda Marga School, Himmatnagar, Gujrat was organized in Town hall on 1st of March 2009. Little children of the School participated in a colourful cultural programme in different decorated dresses for each song. Songs and dances were in many languages i.e. Gujrati, Hindi, English, Bengali,Oriya, Santhali, Punjabi etc. The programme was based on Prabhat Samgiita and was very inspiring for all. It started at 2.00 PM and continued till 6.00 PM. Guardians along with their family and friends filled the Town Hall (700 in numbers) and blessed and inspired all the children. A few dignitaries from the town also graced the occasion. A city channel telecast the programme and news and the local news paper highlighted the programme. Ac Madhuvratananda Avt and Ac Abhiramananda Avt were also kind enough to be present as chief guests of the programme. They spoke about the spirit of ERAWS and its activities around the globe.
New Schools in Bihar
A new school has just started in Sacrecha in Pun Pun railway station, about 20 kilometers from Patna. The opening took place on January 26th. Already 79 students have started and enrollment is likely to increase to 300 as the new session opens in May – June ’09. These children will be coming from the eight villages in the vicinity. This school building is owned by Ananda Marga. There is a nearby master unit land which has remained unutilized. We are also planning to build this master unit starting June ’09. It is proposed to have an AMURT regional office and store, training center, jagrti, nursery, dairy farm and high school. This project is expected to be completed in two years time. There are three LFTs working here and two of them are trained.
Another school is starting in Bali, Shrinagar Panchayat, Madhepura by April-May ’09. We already have our own building. It has been repaired with some additional construction of three toilets and two manual water pumps. This school is expected to have 600 children from the surrounding villages. It will also house a regional emergency AMURT store. There are four LFTs working here and all are trained. The total land registered in our name is 40,000 sq.ft. There is a possibility of this place getting transformed into a master unit soon.
A women managed primary school for girls is proposed to be started this session in Hardi Panchayat in Madhepura. This land is also owned by us. There are five large size halls in pucca shades steel construction. They were constructed by Tatas during the recent Kosi floods on our land. Some peripheral work like boundary construction and clearing the debris and landscaping work is needed to be done before opening the school. This facility has the potential to develop as a residential school with a children’s home and AMURTEL relief center and store.
We are planning to have a 15 day program starting in Hardi for training this summer for the teachers and for the local population. This will include apart from other activities, Yoga training for the locals, Yaogika Cikitsa for locals and LFT training. Local members of Ananda Marga have already started planning this event.
The annual function of the Ananda Marga School in Haridwar, India was held on 26th of January 2009. More then 1500 people attended the programme. The principal is Acarya Shubhashisa Brahmacarii. Here are some photos from the event.