Newsletter and Journal of Neohumanist Schools and Institutes
Gurukula Network is published by the Ananda Marga Gurukula Global Liaison Office
Two yearly issues, published January and July, serve as a means of communication for Neohumanist projects around the world.
It is the spirit of Gurukula Network to encourage a free sharing of ideas and to stimulate discussion on educational and global issues facing our world. All articles express the views of the author, and not necessarily those of AMGK.
Gurukula Network is open to any and all NHE related projects and faculties of AMGK.
Printing and Mailing
Yun Chin Ko
Ananda Marga Gurukula
Global Association of Neohumanist Educators
All NHE educators and projects are encouraged to join
Shrii Prabhat Rainjan Sarkar inspired the establishment of the global network of Neohumanist schools and institutions. In 1990 he founded Ananda Marga Gurukula (AMGK) as the Board of Education for Neohumanist schools and institutes around the world.
Vision of Ananda Marga Gurukula
- Universal Love and Values
- Holistic Development
- Astaunga Yoga
- Ecological and Social Consciousness
- Academic, Practical and Personal Skills
- Knowledge of Self and World Applied for Universal Welfare
- Joyful Learning through the Arts
- Culturally Sensitive and Inclusive Approach
- Integrated Curriculum
- Exemplary Role of the Educators
Objectives of Ananda Marga Gurukula
- To serve humanity with neohumanist spirit and to acquire knowledge for that purpose.
- To establish a strong base in Anandanagar and around the world in order to carry on the legacy of its founder for the benefit of future generations.
- To provide a sound and conducive environment for students for their physical, social, intellectual, creative and spiritual well-being.
- To promote ethical values in individuals and implement these values in the management of projects, schools and institutions.
- To establish and maintain schools and special academic institutions around the world as well as a cyber-university.
- To initiate teacher education programs to improve and upgrade the quality of education on all academic levels.
- To promote Tantra, Neohumanism and PROUT (Progressive Utilization Theory) as the foundation for building a universal society.
- To initiate intellectual dialogues and research for all-round renaissance of society.
- To facilitate the placement of volunteers across cultures to help build meaningful relationships and to support community and social change projects.
- To support the building of a global eco-village network (Master Units)
- To encourage the development of micro-enterprises for sustainability of social service projects.