- Issue 26 May 2008 contents
- Updates and announcements
- Cultural Empowerment and Dogmatic Traditions
- AMGK Meeting
- CNS Sweden
- CNS Asheville
- CNS Croatia
- Face to Face with Microvita of all Kinds
- The End of Fossil Fuel: Crisis and Opportunity
- Neohumanist Ecology Festival
- Service Communities
- NHE Seminar at Baan Unrak School, Sangklaburi, Thailand
- The Golden Lotus of the Blue Sea
- NHE Seminar in Bali
- Building Community Projects Through Literacy and the Arts
- The “Community Story-Tree”
- Community Treasures” – Community Storybook
- “Cultural Heritage Necklace”
- Project Work
- Towards a Neohumanist Approach to Behaviour Management Part 1-Overview of Current Practise
- Vistara Primary School Celebrates their 20th Anniversary
- Zonnelicht Daycare Center Den Bosch, The Netherlands
- Neohumanistisk Barnehage Oslo, Norway
- Ananda Mela at Ananda Suveda, Cabantian
- Education Training Camp
- What is Quiet Time and why is it important?
- Yoga Education for Children, Portugal
- Manila Sector
- Nairobi Sector
- Delhi Sector
- Berlin Sector
- New York Sector
- Book Review by Avtk Ananda Ragamaya Acarya
|important events that they want to remember about their grandparents and stories that they want to pass down to their children. They then think about the same experiences with their parents, and choose a bead or two reflecting the stories their parents told them.
The third set of beads represents the present life of the participants; the stories, experiences and values that are most sacred to them. The same process continues for their own children. Parents discuss what values, experiences and stories are most important to pass down to their children’s’ generation, and then again to their children’s’ children’s’ generation.
After they have chosen beads representing the past, present and future, they combine the chosen beads with other artistic charms and trinkets, and shape their own “Heritage Necklace.” As they carry on with their daily life, they remind themselves of these special values and stories by rubbing the beads.
To celebrate the creation of these necklaces, each participant stands before the group and shares the stories enshrined in each particular bead. Participants create a community celebration by bringing all their families together to share their stories and discuss the special values and experiences shared throughout the community. These shared values and experiences create a lasting bond amongst participants and community members, creating a strong foundation with which to create future community projects together.