It is my pleasure to announce the inauguration of a new Ananda Marga Gurukula (AMGK) initiative: the P.R. Sarkar Institute (PRSI). Launched on the occasion of Shrii P.R. Sarkar’s birth anniversary this year (4 May 2015), the institute will function as a central resource library and forum for the research, development and distribution of Shrii P.R. Sarkar’s teachings and related ideas, existing initially as an online presence but ultimately with a physical library and conference base. This institute will primarily serve the affiliated institutions of AMGK, interested research scholars and students of different faculties of AMGK. PRSI welcomes the participation of learned scholars, artists, IT geeks and those interested in preserving and sharing the knowledge given by Shrii P.R. Sarkar for the benefit of humanity now and on into the future.
Kulapati (Chancellor) of Ananda Marga Gurukula
Ananda Marga Gurukula has launched a new initiative called the P.R. Sarkar Institute for the research, development and distribution of Shrii P.R. Sarkar’s teachings and related ideas.
The P.R. Sarkar Institute will be a global institute acting as:
- A medium for the research, investigation, interpretation, understanding and presentation of Shrii P.R. Sarkar’s works and seminal concepts. Multiple sections of research and development will be curated by affiliated scholars, researchers and writers in their associated fields of expertise.
- A medium for the expansion and distribution of Shrii P.R. Sarkar’s thoughts and related ideas through media such as innovative talks and presentations, books, films, videos, audios, online media, multimedia displays, installations, interactive experiences, music and the arts, concerts, exhibitions, etc.
- An interface for networking, exchange of ideas and collaboration with experts and professionals in their associated fields. Discussion groups, forums, blogs and other media for facilitating the sharing of ideas will be hosted within each discipline, networking with bodies of genuine shared interest in the mainstream community.
- A publications distribution point, with eventually a physical and/or online bookshop.
- A global retreat hub to host its associated scientists, researchers, academic fellows and students for discussions, problem-solving, deep introspection and inspiration.
The P.R. Sarkar Institute will operate through its three main divisions:
We welcome input, participation and contributions from anyone interested in being involved in the project: researchers, historians, scholars, students, teachers, writers, artists, filmmakers, technicians, etc.